Brand new Cisco UCS M5 B-Series
Last week, Cisco announced the brand new Cisco M5 blades and services. In this post a brief summary about the technical details.
New Technologies and features
- Support for the new Intel® Xeon® Scalable processors and later, drop- in compatible follow-on processor
- Support for 2666-MHz (and future faster) DDR4 memory and 3D XPoint DIMMs (when available from Intel CY18)
- Support for additional PCIe NVMe storage offerings
- Additional GPU support
- Support for 1400 series VIC when available
- Support for M.2 (“gum stick” form factor) bootable mirrored SATA drives (post-FCS PCIe NVMe)
What about M4??
There is a overlap between selling and supporting M4 and M5, this overlap is at least 12 months. End of Sale of UCS M4 is not before calender year 2023:
And now… Specs and pictures!
Cisco UCS B200 M5 Blade Server
- Support for Intel® Xeon® Scalable processors
- Support for 2666 MHz DDR4 DIMMS with new capacity point of 128GB
- Up to 2 NVIDIA® P6 GPU
- Modular Internal FlexStorage Option: Mirrored SD Card or M.2 SATA with SW RAID
- New SSD and NVMe Options
- Post FCS: 3D XPoint Memory, M.2 NVMe
Cisco B480 M5 4S Blade Server
- Designed for a wide range of compute-intensive and memory-intensive enterprise workloads
including virtualization and database applications
- Balanced high performance platform with industry leading compute density, I/O bandwidth, and memory footprint
In the next blog post, everything new about the UCS M5 C series (rack servers) and GPU’s!